MCS-014 Systems Analysis and Design 2018-19
Course Code : MCS-014
Course Title : Systems Analysis and Design
Assignment Number : MCA(1)/014/Assignment/2018-19
Maximum Marks : 100
Weightage : 25%
Last Date of Submission : 15th October, 2018 (for July, 2018 batch)
15th April, 2019(for January, 2019 batch)
1. Question 1
Develop SRS for Study Center Management System for an Open
University.SRS should be as per IEEE standard SRS template.
Make necessary assumptions. (30 Marks)
The SRS is being prepared for study center management system(SCMS) the purpose system is used to maintenance
of study center via online Applications.
The SRS documentation defines the structure and behaviour of the system SCMS. It defines functions of system
clearly and easily to understandable. So that, customer attract towards it.
It can be used by university for managing study center . It will help them in managing all the work of a study center
online. Its very easy and user friendly.
1.3. Definition, Acronyms and Abbreviation
• USER: A person who can register and use study center application.
• ADMIN: A person who manage all functionality of software.
• SCMS: study center management system
• SDLC: Software development life cycle.
2. General description
2.1 Product Perspective
The SCMS consists of application server and web server.
2.2 Product functions
The product software mainly support SCMS
• User registration login
• change study center
• Search course details
2.3 User characteristics
There are two kind of user of SCMS
• User: A person who can register and take classes.
• Admin: A person who manages all functionality of software.
• SCMS can run in internet explorer, Google chrome, Opera.
• GUI is only in plain English.
• Login and password is used for identification of authorized persons.
2.5 Assumption and Dependencies
The main assumption of SCMS software to decrease the user work load so that to increase the performance. The
dependence of software is prices system that dependent on GOVT. polices.
3 Specific Requirements:-
It describes function and non-function requirement of system
3.1 External interface requirements:-
It describes input output software and communication.
3.1.1 User inter face
? Login page
? Registration page
? Search page
? Study center
3.1.2 Hardware inter face
There is no any need of special hardware to operate this software.
Processor : Pentium-IV
RAM : 512MB
Hard Disk : 80GB
Processor : Pentium-IV
RAM : 2GB
Hard Disk : 320GB
3.1.3 Software interface
3.2 Functional requirements
Registration process: it requires users’ details including ID, password and email id.
Study center allocation process: After registration process, user can login and get information about course
Search: it is used to search course and many more.
3.3 Performance requirements
• Search information within a 2 sec.
• can study online using videos and study material.
3.4 Design constraints
• Webpage are design using HTML 5.0 and java script
3.5 Logical database requirements
• It describes the logical database for SCMS application
3.6 Software system attributes